What is Wellness Coaching?
Wellness coaching supports an individual’s own motivations and strengths. Students will map their path for positive behavior change(s) through a collaborative, unbiased partnership.
A Wellness Coach* will work with you to:
- Set and achieve personal goals
- Initiate and sustain wellness behaviors
- Balance dimensions of health and wellbeing
- Learn resilience and coping skills
- Identify potential barriers to change and develop strategies to move forward
- Exercise, nutrition, and sleep
- Adjustment to UGA
- Getting connected on campus, finding your peer group
- Stress/anxiety management
- Time management
- Creativity and problem-solving
Wellness coaching can also help if you are simply feeling stuck and would like to work through other barriers to personal health and wellbeing.
There are certain situations where the needs of an individual cannot be met by Wellness Coaching. In those situations, you will be directed to a therapist, dietitian, or other trained healthcare professional. Many times, in those cases, you can have sessions with a Wellness Coach to work on the goal setting process related to the advice given by your health care professional.
There is no fee for Wellness Coaching if you are a fees-paid UGA student.
Call 706-542-8690 to schedule an appointment.
You will meet individually with a Wellness Coach for an active working session to identify your priorities and create a realistic action plan. With some guidance, you set the agenda for the session. Your coach will follow your lead.
Typically, follow-up meetings with a Wellness Coach are scheduled two weeks apart but can be adjusted based on each student’s needs and schedules.
Wellness Coaches have participated in The University of North Carolina Greensboro’s Health Coach Certificate Training or Duke University Integrative Health Coaching Training.