About the UHC Health Promotion DepartmenT
Our Mission: Empowering students to advocate for personal health promotion and well-being through prevention, early intervention and support services and strategies
*Promote protective skills that support health and reduce harm
*Increase healthy, positive, and protective sexual behaviors
*Provide nutrition education and medical nutrition therapy programs and services for
*Provide Wellness Coaching services to help students achieve self-identified health and well-being goals
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
Closed from 12 noon – 1 pm
The Health Promotion Department is located on the first floor of the University Health Center, at the corner of College Station and East Campus Road, on the University of Georgia campus.
We are home to many student wellness, prevention, and support services including:
- The Fontaine Center provides prevention, early intervention and recovery support services for alcohol & drug abuse and those impacted by interpersonal violence:
- Collegiate Recovery Community
- Relationship & Sexual Violence Prevention office offers free and confidential, 24-hour advocacy support to survivors of interpersonal violence: 706-542-SAFE (7233).
- Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention and Education
- UMatter: Bystander Intervention
- Fontaine Peer Mentor Program
- Sexual Health education and the Condom Express program
- Nutrition counseling and education, and the Nutrition Kitchen, where students can learn how to prepare delicious and healthy gourmet meals on a student budget
- Wellness and prevention programming including such topics as: healthy relationships, suicide prevention, stress, sleep, wellness coaching, alcohol and other drug abuse prevention, and interpersonal violence prevention
- Make a difference and join a peer student group!
- Internship opportunities