UMATTER AT UGA
What is UMatter?
- An active bystander intervention program that supports a culture where people care about and help each other.
- Provides skills to safely identify and help individuals in need.
- Raises awareness to access resources in the UGA community.
How have actions mattered at UGA?
- Students have prevented incidents of interpersonal violence by intervening when they saw an intoxicated individual getting into a car with a stranger posing as a ride share driver.
- Students have called for help when they saw someone needing medical attention after consuming alcohol or other substances and saved their lives.
Attend a UMatter program and learn the skills to help!
How can you show others that they matter?
- Attend the FREE UMatter Active Bystander Intervention Program and receive a Fontaine Center t-shirt.
- Bring your friends.
You never know when the next person who needs help will be you!