ALCOHOLEDU, SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION FOR UNDERGRADUATES + MENTAL WELL-BEING FOR STUDENTS
As part of our comprehensive health and safety program, UGA expects all incoming first-year and undergraduate transfer students to complete three online modules: AlcoholEdu, Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, and Mental Well-Being for Students.
Learn more about AlcoholEdu, SAPU, and Mental Well-Being for Students.
TIMELINE & IMPORTANT DATES
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You will receive an invitation inviting you to complete Part 1 of three required modules in the month prior to your first semester at UGA. This invitation is sent to the email address listed in your Athena account (typically your UGA email account).
If you cannot find the invitation email, please do the following:
- Check your Athena account to confirm which email address is listed (this is where the invitation is sent).
- Check your junk mail folder.
- If you still cannot find the invitation message, please email email@example.com and we can send you a new course invitation.
You will use the link provided in the invitation email to access the courses. Your username is the email address you were first issued at UGA that uses your MyID (example: firstname.lastname@example.org). You will choose your own password the first time you login.
Some students receive this warning at the top of the invitation email. If you are unsure whether or not your invitation email is safe, please send a screenshot to email@example.com and we can confirm when it the invitation was sent.
All incoming undergraduate first-year and transfer students under the age of 23 on the first day of classes for the first semester you start at UGA need to complete Part 1 and Part 2 of all three modules.
If you are a graduate student interested in taking the courses, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not have access to records of completion from institutions outside of UGA. Since modules are customized to include UGA specific policies and resources, all incoming UGA students are required to re-take Parts 1 & 2 of AlcoholEdu, Parts 1 & 2 of Sexual Assault Prevention, and Parts 1 & 2 of Mental Well-Being for Students through UGA, even if you have completed the courses previously at another institution.
If you miss the Part 1 deadlines, finish Part 1 as soon as possible. There is a 45 day intersession between Part 1 and 2. Finishing Part 1 as soon as possible could impact your completion date for Part 2 for each course.
If you miss the Part 2 deadlines, a hold will be placed on your student account. You will still be able to access and take the course after this time, but there may be complications with removing your registration hold. Holds are automatically removed within 2 business days of completion. If you still have a hold after 2 business days, contact email@example.com to ask for help.
- If you are trying to login using a phone or ipad, please try logging in using either a laptop or desktop computer.
- Make sure you are logging in using the invitation link sent to your UGA email address. The username should be the email address you were first issued at UGA that uses your MyID (example: firstname.lastname@example.org), not your first and last name (email@example.com).
- Try logging into Athena (athena.uga.edu) If you can’t do this, the problem is with your UGA ID and not with the course. You will need to contact the EITS Help Desk at 706-542-3106 and get this fixed. If you can successfully log in to Athena then it is something more specific to the module platform.
- Change your UGA MYID password, but don’t include any of the following symbols < > \ [ ]
- If you are still experiencing problems logging into the course, please send a screenshot of the page where you get stuck and your 810/811# to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each module will take approx. 1 hour to complete.
You may take the course in multiple sittings, but make sure to click on the “next” button after completing a section before logging out. If you do not progress to the next section first, you will have to repeat the previous section.
The modules will include surveys about your personal health behaviors to help personalize the content and measure student attitudes and behavior. All survey responses are confidential; UGA will only receive information about the student body as a whole to inform future programming and never receive answers from an individual student.
Do not input your social security number anywhere on the registration page for identification.
Please contact us at the University Health Center through email@example.com for any questions.
If you have a technical issue, contact the customer support team via chat or phone at 1-844-348-1616. Live support from customer support team members is available Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 8:00pm EST and wait times are typically under 3 minutes.