Be Well Peer Educators: Peers for Alcohol & Other Drug Education
The Be Well Peer Educators: Peers for Alcohol and Other Drug Education (PADE) represent the Fontaine Center by providing students with alcohol and other drug prevention messaging and empowering students to make informed decisions about substance use while at UGA. PADE members understand that students make a variety of choices regarding substance use and help students gain essential skills to decrease the risk of negative consequences in an environment where alcohol or other drugs may be present. Members host a variety of workshops, educational programs, and substance-free events for the campus community.
The group consists of approximately 15 students from the University of Georgia and meets regularly twice per month.
Last year we hosted a number of educational events on campus to promote harm reduction strategies, including:
- Host Fontaine Center tailgates to provide a substance-free environment for students and help promote harm reduction strategies on Game Days
- Develop health communication programs to disseminate
- Fontaine Center messaging
- Develop social marketing campaigns to promote alcohol-free events within our community
- Plan and implement educational outreach events to promote risk reduction strategies including Fall Break & Spring Break events
- Facilitate residence hall presentations
- Collaborate with a number of campus partners and student organizations to implement alcohol-free events (ex. Ramseypaloosa)
- Help shape the future direction of alcohol and other drug prevention
- Provide thoughts and ideas about how to reach UGA’s unique student population
- Contribute towards making your campus a better, safer place to be
- Professionally represent the University Health Center
- Gain leadership opportunities, public speaking experience, and create social marketing campaigns
For questions about the group, the application process, or membership requirements, please contact the group’s advisor, Kelly Truesdell: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class Year: 4th
Major: International Affairs/Entertainment & Media Studies
Fun Fact: I grew up riding horses!