Talk With a Confidential Advocate
If you choose to talk with an advocate, you may expect to:
- Share as much or as little information as you would like.
- Discuss options and resources for medical care.
- Discuss how you can take care of yourself and discover options to begin the healing process whether through counseling, stress reduction techniques, support groups, and/or other resources available to you.
- Develop a safety plan.
- Learn about your rights and reporting options. If you choose to make a report, the advocate is available to help support you throughout this process.
- Discuss how your experience may have affected your academics or work and how the advocate can help you navigate this.
- Learn about other campus and community resources.
- Make a wellness plan for managing the impact of this experience at UGA.
This guide is not inclusive of all of the issues that may arise when students experience interpersonal violence. RSVP is here to help.
Contact us anytime with questions or concerns via our 24 hour hotline 706-542-SAFE